1. Observe, observe and observe. Everywhere you go, keep your eyes open. There could be something right in front of you that many people are in need of.
2. Allow your mind to work with inspiration. Let it flow in naturally. Play with your ideas. Try something once. If it does not work, try again and again.
3. Don’t be negative. Make sure you do not ignore any possibility. Take notes of all your attempts. If you need to look back on them later on, you have kept good records.
4. Ride on someone’s back. Listen to the people around you and use their ideas to motivate yourself in creating your own.
5. Be actively aware. The more inspiration you have, the more probable it is that one spark will turn into a great idea.
6. Daydream. Set aside time during the day to meditate on your ideas, if possible early in the morning. Our minds are usually fresh early in the day. Let your imagination work.
7. Work with old ideas. Come up with new ideas by considering the old ones and changing them. Changes can happen when things are added, subtracted, turned upside down, and pulled apart. In some instances this is a difficult exercise, but it will pay off!
8.Take risks. Have the courage to take risks by adopting new ideas and following a new course of action.
9. Be curious. Don’t be afraid to follow your instincts and curiosity by investing time in things that interest you.
10.Believe in yourself. Very important!! When your idea is born and proved to work, don’t forget to register the patent. For more information on the subject go to: http://www.services.gov.za
The 10 steps above are not rules to be followed or a recipe for you to become a great inventor. If you train and discipline yourself to work with your mind, you will be able to unlock the secret to changing your life in 2012. Take note of these 10 steps. Roll up your sleeves and get ready. A great idea is waiting to be born in you. We look forward to hearing from you when your idea becomes a success!
God bless you all with a great idea.