• It’s not enough to be religious
• It’s not enough to be an active member in the church.
• It’s not enough to have the title of assistant, pastor, bishop
or whatever it may be
• It’s not enough to be a tither and faithful offering giver
• It’s not enough to do what’s expected of you
• It’s not enough to worship God
• It’s not enough to know the Bible
• It’s not enough to have a good marriage
• It’s not enough to have a good education, a college degree,
to be successful, rich or to have the world at your feet…
Nothing is enough when you’re not born of the Spirit of God
Only He has the power to create the spiritual nature in us, that is, a Divine nature. Satan is spirit. How can we overcome him when we are not in spirit? How can we overcome evil spirits when we do not have the Holy Spirit? How can we overcome spirits of darkness when we do not have the Spirit of Light? Only those who are born of God overcome the world and hell itself.
Because of this, for the first 21 days of August we will be making a thorough ‘housecleaning’. We are going to fast from every single type of secular media and entertainment, such as TV, internet, newspapers, magazines, radio… everything that is not of God. We will abstain from all forms of media and entertainment… from all the trash of this world. If your job involves the media and entertainment you are excused from this fast during work hours. In addition to the fast, all participants should pray three times a day: morning, afternoon and evening. For those who want to join with us in prayer, we will be praying at 9am, 3pm and 11pm. During this fast the Holy Spirit will be poured out upon all sincere participants.
Bishop Edir Macedo